Throughout Middlesbrough a wide range of learning opportunities are available in many locations, including local community and learning centres, libraries. We work in partnership with a whole host of partners offering a varied and exciting offer to people interested in learning something new.
Learning is about giving everybody the chance to continue learning, whether for formal qualifications, to develop a personal interest or hobby, to learn new skills, to brush up on old skills, or just for fun.
There are so many learning opportunities available to you - you really can learn throughout your whole life here in Middlesbrough so come on and be part of it!
Being a parent is hard work, requires many skills and lots of patience!
If you are a parent and want to support with your child then we offer a range of courses in schools and community hubs including:
• Parenting classes
• Family English
• Music and rhyme time
• Steps Towards being a Classroom Assistant
• Steps towards being a Lunchtime supervisor
Support for Schools
We work in partnership with many schools in Mbro to help parents support learning. If you would like to engage parents we offer an exciting range of family learning courses to support parents to support learning.
Supporting community groups, clubs and societies-please contact us to see how we can help!
What our schools say:
“We have worked with MCLS for a number of years and have witnessed some great outcomes in terms of preparing parents for learning and to return to the labour market.” (Corpus Christi Primary School)
We have funding available for organisations to support the delivering of local priorities within Middlesbrough.
• Steps Towards working in Health and Beauty
• Steps Towards working in the NHS
• Steps towards working in Health and Social Care
• Steps towards hospitality
• Football Fans in Training
• Food, mood and attitude ...and many more
• 79% report a significant increase in confidence
• 76% feel their well being has improved significantly
• 73% are more aware of their own strengths and how to improve
• 82% have more about their future goals and ambitions
Be Part of it
If you are interested in working with us to deliver learning to support the priorities of Middlesbrough,
contact Joanne Richards or download the application form