L1 ICT Functional Skills
THE QUALIFICATION is Free
Functional Skills qualifications give you a practical grounding in how to apply ICT skills to everyday situations. With a strong focus on explanation and problem solving, using real-life contexts they allow you to apply your ICT skills in a variety of situations.
All sessions are here at MCL Building, Lodore Grove, Acklam, Middlesbrough TS5 8PB
Learners should attend a minimum of 2 of the 3 weekly sessions, course lasts 9 weeks.
• Tuesday 9:15-11:45
• Wednesday 12:45-15:15
• Thursday 12:45-15:15
Everyday Computing - free 4 week course
The course is designed to introduce the basic elements of using a computer to anyone with limited or no knowledge. The course is built around your needs and the emphasis is on practical life skills and how a computer can be used to enhance your day-to-day life.
What can I expect to learn?
• You will learn how to use the mouse and keyboard.
• You will be introduced to the computer desktop and windows
• Learn how to produce a basic word processed letter or document.
• You will learn the importance of saving a files and how to find them later.
• Printing is covered on the courses to ensure you print what you want and don't waste paper.
Everyday Computing 2 - free 4 week course
What can I expect to learn?
• Creating tables in Word
• Excel Spreadsheets and using formulas
• Word Online and Google Docs
• Creating and editing PowerPoint slides
These courses are FREE and are run in local libraries, they start at the beginning of each month, and run the whole month
|Middlesbrough Central Library||01642 729001||Tuesday||09:45-12:00||Everyday Computing|
|Middlesbrough Central Library||01642 729001||Tuesday||12:30-14:45||Everyday Computing 2|
|North Ormesby Community Hub||01642 243581||Tuesday||12:30-15:00||Internet & Email|
|North Ormesby Community Hub||01642 243581||Wednesday||09.45-12.00||Everyday Computing|
|North Ormesby Community Hub||01642 243581||Wednesday||12.15-14.30||Everyday Computing 2|
|Thorntree Community Hub||01642 246827||Thursday||09.30-12.00||Everyday Computing|
|Easterside Community Hub||01642 513150||Thursday||09.30-11.45||Everyday Computing|
|North Ormesby Community Hub||01642 243581||Tuesday||09.30-12.00||Job Club|
|Newport Community Hub||01642 802892||Wednesday||12.30-15.30||Job Club|
|Hemlington Community Hub||01642 591918||Thursday||09.30-12.00||Job Club & Everyday Computing|
|Thorntree Community Hub||01642 246827||Thursday||09.00-12.00||Job Club|
|Easterside Community Hub||01642 513150||Friday||09.30-12.00||Job Club|
|Grove Hill Community Hub||01642 278444||Friday||09.00-12.00||Job Club|
Work Club (Weekly Sessions)
• Job Search
• CV Writing
• 1 to 1 support
• Interview Skills
• Job Application Help
1. Everyday computing Ideal for those new to computers or lack confidence.
Learn the basics of ouse and keyboard skills.
Manage files by logical naming and saving.
2. Everyday Computing 2 Build your skills and confidence: Creating tables in word. Excel spreadsheets and using formulas. PowerPoint. Induction to the web.
3. Internet abd Email Learn to use the internet and email safely and securely.
4. Level 1 functional Skills This qualification is based around skills required for home and work.